You know that point in the day where the presents have been exchanged, the turkey has been eaten and everyone’s a bit sleepy? We’ve got the perfect between-meals quiz that everyone will enjoy!
You will need:
– A quiz master!
– A pen and paper for each participant
1) The Bristol Run Series is back for 2022! We’ll be proud enough completing the 10k but how quickly did Eliud Kipchoge run the world’s fastest marathon?
A) 1hr 58mins
B) 2hr 1min
C) 2hr 16sec
2) One of our BUCS highlights has been watching University of Bristol Water polo compete in the university pool. Which musician is a former member of a national water polo team?
B) Justin Bieber
C) Sean Paul
3) This year we had the pleasure of supporting member of our Alumni competing in the Olympic and Paralympic games, including competitive sailor; Hannah Mills. Alongside Hannah, which other Olympian carried the flag for team GB at the 2021 opening ceremony?
A) Mohamed Sbihi
B) Matty Lee
C) Adam Peaty
4) We welcomed lots of new members into our gym this September. In what year did Franz Nachtegall of Denmark establish what is believed to be the world’s first gym?
5) One of our welcome highlights was the very messy #WeAreBristol Colour Run. What is believed to be the first colour that a baby sees?
6) University of Bristol Spartans have been smashing it this year! What’s the diameter of a basketball hoop in inches
7) We wouldn’t be University of Bristol Sport without.. well… the University of Bristol, but how old is the university?
8) Both our women and men’s football teams have had some great performances in BUCS this term! But which PROFESSIONAL footballer has scored the most goals in World Cup history?
B) Gerd Muller
C) Miroslav Klose
9) We offer a range of yoga classes and they are quickly becoming some of our most popular sessions. The word ‘yoga’ comes from the Sanskrit language but what does it mean?
10) At Sports, Exercise and Health we are used to complicated, very serious sports terminology. In which sport could someone be found at silly point?
How did you do in our quiz? Let us know @bristolunisport
Keep an eye out for our Winter Warmer offer starting 11 December which offers anytime access to the gym, swimming pool and classes for just £20 for two weeks! Available to buy online from 11 December. Last use date 22 January 2022.