Our #RecipeOfTheWeek this week is Overnight Oats – a perfect breakfast recipe for people short on time in the morning, or who want to be able to snooze that alarm once more! It can be prepped the night before and finished off in a couple of minutes the next morning.
It’s a really simple recipe, but has huge potential for anyone who wants to get creative with flavour combinations – we’ve given you a few ideas for you to try at the end of the recipe!
- 50g porridge oats
- Milk of choice
- 1-2 tbsp of yoghurt (natural or greek-style)
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
- Drizzle of honey
- Fresh or frozen berries
- Optional: nuts and seeds such as chia seeds, almonds or pumpkin seeds
1. The night before, put your oats, cinnamon and any nuts and seeds that you are using into a jar, bowl or mug.
2. Pour over your milk of choice until it just covers the oats.
3. Leave in the fridge to soak overnight.
4. The next morning, stir your oats and mix in the yoghurt (you can choose how much you add based on the consistency of the oats that you would like)
5. Top with the fresh or frozen fruit, plus any additional nuts, seeds, a drizzle of honey and extra cinnamon.
6. Serve and enjoy!
Some flavour combinations to try:
- Chocolate brownie oats: use cocoa powder
- Apple pie oats: top with stewed apple and granola.
- Carrot cake oats: mix in grated carrot, nutmeg and raisins and top with yoghurt.
- Tropical oats: Mix in frozen pineapple and mango and top with desiccated coconut.
- Mocha oats: Mix a shot of coffee and tbsp of cocoa powder into the oats mixture.
Don’t forget to tag us in any kitchen creations @bristolunisport on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!